Work package 2 focuses on the general and overarching technology such as authentication and data synchronization and on underlying tools such as a container platform.
WP2 Technology resources
We develop technical tools that are not directly used by researchers, but instead facilitate the building of robust software, like for instance:
- A hosting platform based on kubernetes
- A SQL Backend as a Service
- An exchange protocol for RDF data with version control
- A solution for collecting technical (log) data and usage data
- An authentication environment based on SAML and OIDC
- A system for automatically archiving results as generated by the software on the platform and for later rehydrating archival data so that it can be continued.
We are also developing a number of components that can be used directly by researchers, but that are not limited to a specific discipline, such as:
- A pipeline to interpret images with text and convert them to a computer-processable format (OCR/HTR based on Transkribus)
- A tool to find the common records in the somewhat large datasets (10,000 - 1,000,000 records), where common does not necessarily have to be an exact overlap, but where spelling variations or other forms of ‘dirty’ data are taken into account.
- Tooling for creating and processing annotations based on the Web annotation format.
In addition, WP2 stimulates the implementation of existing standards within the CLARIAH work packages.